1. Bianca is very confident, sometimes even too confident, what were you like in school?
While Bianca’s loud and uber confident, I was always a bit more shy in school. For some years, I attended an arts school just like Keaton. It really helped me break out of my shell and express myself more openly.
2. How about in the start of your career did you have fears when going to auditions ? How did your audition for backstage go?
Absolutely! You never know what is going to happen when you walk into the audition room. It took me a long time before I became comfortable auditioning. I still get nervous just before an audition. Nerves are natural. Nerves can be good! I try to use that energy to give the audition everything I’ve got. The audition process for Backstage was fun!
I was asked to send a video to casting singing, I sent a video singing She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5. Then I came in for a live audition! After I walked out of the room the day of my audition, I was unsure about what was going to happen. I thought it went great but there was no way to know what would happen. When I received a phone call from my agent telling me I booked Backstage as Bianca Blackwell I was so excited – speechless!
3. Has auditioning changed since the beginning of your career? Is it easier to go to auditions now ?
I think auditioning has changed since the beginning of my career. Auditions started out being scary for me! Now, I am so much more relaxed when I have an audition. I know that if I put the work in and put everything I have into the audition, the rest is out of my control. Whatever happens happens, but an open mind is key.
4. What advice would you give to someone who is just starting out or about to have there first audition ?
Breathe. You can do this. Believe in yourself and remember why you want this. Every audition is practice. Every audition brings a chance at something marvelous.
5. Bianca’s mother is a casting agent and has really effected her career. Could you tell me a little more about your family and how they’ve played a role in your career?
My family has been supportive of my dream, and for that I am so grateful. From every acting class to performance, they were there with smiles on their faces. I think having a good support system is really important. Whether it be family members, teachers, or friends, it’s nice to share the journey with someone you can trust.
6. Having to cover a song was a weak point for Bianca, what would you say is your weak point as an actor or musician?
I really wish I could skillfully play an instrument so I could accompany myself when I sing. That would make performing even more fun than it already is!
7. You’ve collaborated with Matthew on a YouTube cover and did an amazing job. Do you see yourself releasing more YouTube videos in the future? If you could collaborate with anyone who would it be?
I would love to release more YouTube videos in the future. They are a lot of fun to make! If I could collaborate with anybody it would be Adele, she has so much soul. I love her music!
8. What should the fans expect for the next season? Will there be any developments in the Jianca (Jax and Bianca) romance ?
Next season you can expect more drama, more singing and more dancing. Characters grow and change. As for Bianca and Jax, you’ll just have to wait and see! I can’t wait for you guys to watch Season 2 and see what happens.
9. Keaton offers a lot of different art programs, if you weren’t a musician, what do you think would be your second true calling ? Would you ever attend Keaton ?
I would love to attend Keaton! It’s a dream school for aspiring musicians, dancers, artists and actors. If I wasn’t performing, I think I would dedicate my time to writing. I’m very passionate about creative writing. I think as long as I’m creating, I’m doing what I love. Thats what I’m meant to do. I want to create and I want to make people feels things.
10. The backstage pop up tour has allowed you to interact with the fans on a more of a personal level, what was your favorite part of the tour? How did it feel to interact with the fans ?
It felt amazing to meet everyone! I was overwhelmed with love and excitement. I feel so fortunate to have talked one on one with so many fans of the show and hear about their own passions and dreams.
11. Your series has debuted all around the world, including Germany. How does that make you feel? What would be your dream place to travel or maybe even perform?
It makes me feel incredibly grateful. We are so fortunate that our show has gotten the amazing response that it has Worldwide. I love traveling! I would actually be so happy if I could travel all the way to Germany.
12. What do you hope for this new year? What will your goals be?
I hope this new year I can continue to do what I love. I hope to keep learning and keep loving with everything I’ve got. I want to make a difference in the lives of others.